Printing directly on DVD

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 02:16:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 5:04 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> Start here for the full story:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/wisdom/dvd/dvdprint/dvd-print.html
>
> or go directly to the final chapter:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/wisdom/dvd/dvdp/f13-success.html
>
> I make no guarantees, I've only tried it on my C5580, but it has
> worked OK through several updates of hplip now, so things may have
> stabilized.

Thanks for all that. Your stuff is always interesting to read.

After reading, I did manage to get the printer past the error and on
to pretending to print. After much pain, I actually saw ink on the
label. (I'm terrified to think what the inside of my printer looks
like now.) My latest iteration seems to be off by only about a quarter
inch.

What a bother.

-Alan