gnote vs Tomboy

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 12 12:14:02 UTC 2011

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Aaron Konstam
> <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>         Well I can answer at least part of my own question. Although
>         it is not
>         clear why people are not interested in a note-taking program
>         that can be
>         synchronized over several machines.
>

> Same reason why Firefox 4 betas have sync options built in.  People
> move between machines but want to retain the same data.

The above statement confuses me since it does not respond to the last
statement I made in my first paragraph.

>         One mystery of how to set up the tomboy synchronization server
>         is still
>         unknown to me. Since I have tomboy only on one machine, so
>         far, the
>         question is mute at present.
>
>         If someone knows how to do this I would appreciate hearing
>         from them.
>

> GNOME.org wants to offer a sync server to enable users to do this.  At
> the moment, one option is to run snowy on your own server.
>

> http://live.gnome.org/Snowy
>

> Rahul

This is a sync server for tomboy but Fedora seems to push gnote. If sync
is so useful why is tomboy not the default note taking application in
Fedora releases?
Automobile, n.: A four-wheeled vehicle that runs up hills and down
pedestrians.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net