gnote vs Tomboy

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 14:11:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> The above statement confuses me since it does not respond to the last
> statement I made in my first paragraph.

Explain what you are confused about, more directly

> This is a sync server for tomboy but Fedora seems to push gnote. If sync
> is so useful why is tomboy not the default note taking application in
> Fedora releases?

I didn't say a sync server was very useful.  I just pointed out a single use
case that some users would find convenient.  There is no reason gnote
wouldn't be able to work with snowy since there is nothing tomboy specific
about it.  Some client side code would need to be written and there is
partial work done upstream already.   We don't switch defaults everytime an
alternative program gets some additional features.

Rahul