Ultimate inkjet printer for Fedora?

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 16:06:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 09:13 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> Not advertised by HP, but virtually all newer HP all-in-one devices
>> work out of the box with fedora using hplip (in fact the only
>> flawless plug & play experience I ever had was with my HP
>> all-in-one - the scanner was recognized instantly and just worked).
>
> One word of caution with these devices: some of them require a
> proprietary plug-in available from HP.

True, I had to download it for my HP colour laser to work in the office.

I found one great video printer review on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfsVX8fOCJU&feature=player_embedded#!

It looks like newer Canon printers are also just plug'n'play...

I found out that Canon MP640 printer is not available in most shops
anymore and that newer MG6150 model is replacing it, in same price and
quality class I found HP OfficeJet 6500 and I'll compare the two.

If anybody else is already has one of these printers please share your
cons and pros.

Cheers,
Valent.