Firefox and the CCSM 'place' command for Compiz.

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Jan 12 17:17:31 UTC 2011

Hi;

I have read that the CCSM 'place' command for Compiz will not be fixed
until Compiz 0.9.0.  I am using Compiz 0.8.6.  But I am hoping someone
has discovered a workaround for the time being.

My problem is with Firefox only. I want to place Firefox in workspace 2
(viewport 2) on start up.  Firefox will start in workspace 2 for only a
fraction of a second then jumps to workspace 1.  I have tried a sleep
script set to 15 seconds; and/or using class=firefox-bin as suggested.
Neither really works.

Any other suggestions.

--
Regards Bill