gnote vs Tomboy

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 15:22:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Michael Semcheski <mhsemcheski at gmail.com>

>  My impression based on the websites for snowy and tomboy are:
> 1. It sounds like Tomboy sync is not fully implemented yet.  Maybe in
> a non-stable development version.
> 2. The gnome-snowy project is the backend for Tomboy's sync, and its
> not stable yet.
>
> So, give this feature some time.  Synchronization always ends up being
> a tougher problem to solve than it sounds like

Yep.  Snowy and Tomboy sync is not a stable combination yet and hence using
Gnote is really no different.  In addition to that,  GNOME hasn't hosted web
services directly before and this would be their first venture.  It seems a
bit of a experimental thing for them at this point.  I heard Tomboy sync
works well with Ubuntu One but that is a proprietary solution
unfortunately.

Rahul