Kororaa Lite beta released

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 17:58:04 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net> wrote:

>         With a fresh install medium for regular F14, Anaconda's boot
> choices will include one to install *or upgrade an existing install* --
> at least if the existing install is Fedora -- but I'm not getting that
> last sub-choice.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD#Advantages_and_Limitations

Live images (regardless of whether it is Fedora or whatever) don't have a
choice of upgrading an existing installation.  Basically they dump the
pre-cooked image as it is to the hard disk and write a boot loader.  There
are no packages in the live images.  The advantage is that it is much faster
than upgrading packages one by one in a Anaconda upgrade.  You can do an
"upgrade" if you have a separate /home by just not choosing to format it
during the installation

Rahul