Reducing the size of a volume group

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Sun Jan 16 23:17:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 21:49 +0000, Chuck Bruno wrote:
> > If that's the case I would backup whatever personal/important data
> > from the F14 install and remove all the linux partitions. Then you can
> > use something like a gparted live CD to resize your NT partition (back
> > up data from it too first just in case!) and then reinstall F14.

If you have another disk available for temporary use, you could create a
PV on it and migrate your data to it (vgextend, pvmove, vgreduce),
rearrange your current disk, and then migrate back. That way you can
avoid the reinstallation of Fedora.

(Future suggestion: Instead of creating a single large PV on a disk,
create multiple smaller PVs -- then you can remove just one from your VG
and assign it to another OS).

-Chris