problem with fc11 vlc player

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 15:30:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 12:45 +0530, Parshwa Murdia wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Michael Miles <mmamiga6 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Why in the world you would want to put old non supported software on a
> > computer is just beyond me and probably most people that read these posts.
>
> Not old but once I am familiar with one, I don't want to change it to
> learn something new, might be becoz I am not from the IT field. I like
> Fedora but once installed, was trying to see the things in one version
> only!

Then you should seriously consider using Centos instead of Fedora (or
even Ubuntu LTS). Fedora updates every 6 months and versions over a year
old will not receive support. Not only will they not get updates, even
for important security issues, but people on this list are liable to
remind you of this each time, and you'll find it harder and harder to
stay afloat, especially if as you say you aren't in IT.

poc