Locking down F14 shutdown options

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 17 20:47:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 15:40:11 -0500
Gabriel L. Somlo wrote:

> I fired up gconf-editor, and searched around. No "main menu"
> application, and couldn't find any entry for the 'logout' button
> either. Tried both as a regular user, and as root (ssh -X root at localhost).
>
> There is a panel/global/locked_down key, but I don't yet have anything
> worth locking down :(

Right-click on the main menu icon on your gnome panel bar.  Click "remove".

Now it's removed from the gnome panel bar.

Right-click on a blank spot on your gnome panel bar.  Click on "add
application" and add the logout button to your gnome panel bar.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ www.melvilletheatre.com