which is more user friendly--KDE or GNOME

nathan forbes n8dyddy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:12:44 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 12:32:34 +0100
> Parshwa Murdia wrote:
>
> > A very basic thing I would like to ask if KDE is more user friendly
> > then GNOME desktop?
>
> As far as I'm concerned they are both intensely user-hostile.
> They insist on changing the way everything works and is laid out
> on a regular basis, so your most frequent impression is "What
> the Hell?!"
>
> My philosophy:
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/wisdom/stick/stick.html
> --

Lol yeah that sounds about right.

They both have their strong points IMO.  I was a GNOME user for a long time
and later switched to KDE.
GNOME has a simplicity thing about it that makes it easier to use sometimes.
 But if you're a die-hard GNOME user
and then switch to KDE and really give it a chance, I think you'll find that
KDE has a lot of nice features that GNOME just
doesn't have.  And I don't mean just eye-candy stuff (although KDE's menus,
etc. are easier on the eyes and look more modern).

Like for example, if you do any programming, and you like to use a GUI text
editor sometimes,
compare the features of Gedit to Kate...