which is more user friendly--KDE or GNOME

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Tue Jan 18 12:13:28 UTC 2011

Around 11:47am on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 (UK time), Tom Horsley scrawled:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 12:32:34 +0100
> Parshwa Murdia wrote:
>
> > A very basic thing I would like to ask if KDE is more user friendly
> > then GNOME desktop?
>
> As far as I'm concerned they are both intensely user-hostile.
> They insist on changing the way everything works and is laid out
> on a regular basis, so your most frequent impression is "What
> the Hell?!"

I'm a long time GNOME user, and I've never had this problem. Which is
not to deny that others may legitimately think differently. As suggested
earlier, why not try different ones, you can select which you use at
logon.

I also like XFCE, as well.

Steve

--

Website:  www.stevesearle.com
Twitter:  @ReddishShift

 12:11:00 up 11 days,  1:50,  1 user,  load average: 0.08, 0.02, 0.01