which is more user friendly--KDE or GNOME

Parshwa Murdia b330bkn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 06:23:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> IMHO, if you are new to both, try both and decide for yourself.

> Chances are you will settle on one.  Then, as times goes by, changes
> will be made to whatever one you pick and you'll think of switching to
> the other.

> But no matter which one you go with, you will never be 100% happy.  Kind
> of like picking a significant other.  :-)

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 4:25 AM, Juan R. de Silva
<juan.r.d.silva at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm GNOME follower. And I hate KDE. In fact I hated it from my first try
> and I hate it even more with all its candy changes in KDE 4. And believe
> me, I've even tried hard to force myself into it. In fact I still have
> openSUSE KDE installed on my multidistro system and from time to time I
> do use it. But...  I just cannot stand it. :-)

> Why? I do not know... At last there are a lot of people that love it and
> that say: "I hate it",- about GNOME. Well if so many people like KDE that
> means they find it real good.

> So, you see, it IS personal. It's like asking around which beer is
> better, Pale Ale or Porter. Just taste both yourself and choose one you
> like better.

So I would go for both one by one and see. First, say most of the
people say, KDE would be easier (for those who are novices in Linux),
so install that first.
--
Regards,
Parshwa Murdia

Making the simple complicated is commonplace, making the complicated
simple, awesomely simple, that's innovation.. -C Mingus