determining sudo access

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 19 23:07:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 14:34 -0800, Donald Russell wrote:
> In /etc/profile.d/local.sh I'd like to modify the PATH env variable to
> include /sbin /usr/sbin and /usr/local/sbin but only if the user has
> sudo access.

Even if that person does have sudo access, there are probably times when
they should use the command in /bin rather than /sbin, et cetera.  There
are, or used to be, various commands that had different versions in
each.

If you mean for that path to change depending on whether they had used
the sudo command, that'd be a different thing, and would probably work
without problems.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686