alias doesn't work

Hiisi saippua5 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 23:38:02 UTC 2011

Hi!
I have few aliases in .bashrc. They all work as expected. Recently I
installed firefox4 from remi repo and pretty happy with it. However I
would like command 'firefox' to be aliased to 'firefox4'. So, I added
the following entry in .bashrc:
alias firefox='firefox4'
But it doesn't work! After I login and trying to start Firefox by typing
'firefox' from the terminal it starts firefox 3.55, no the 4.0 beta8! I
checked with which command and it shows:
$ which firefox
alias firefox='firefox4'
	/usr/bin/firefox4
If I then start firefox4 from command line, closing it and next time the
alias works - entering 'firefox' from command line starts firefox4. Is
it normal? How can I change it to always start firefox4 whatever command
was entered first?
TIA
--
Try to remove the color-problem by restarting your computer several times.
	-- Microsoft-Internet Explorer README.TXT