Arduino on F14

Wade Hampton wadehamptoniv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 04:19:47 UTC 2011

I am trying to get some Arduinos working with Fedora 14
on both the messed up netbook (see previous post)
and a new netbook.   Both are running F14/i386.
Prior to the update, Arduino 0.18 (tarball) worked
well on the F13 netbook.

On both computers, the user is a member of the
users, lock, uucp, and dialout groups.

The new netbook (fresh F14 install) reports a RXTX
mismatch:
   WARNING:  RXTX Version mismatch
              Jar version = RXTX-2.2
              native lib Version = RXTX-2.2pre2

On both computers, root can read and write to
/dev/ttyUSB0.  The tarball version of 0.22 Arduino
works as root.  On the F14 new computer, the
rpm version of arduino 0.21 works as well...

Is there a way to turn off locking?  Is there another
trick to get locking working?  How can I test the locking
to verify permissions?

Thanks,
--
Wade Hampton