SELinux

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 22 10:21:07 UTC 2011

Tim:
>> Umm, you're making us pay for your mess...

Mike McCarty:
> If you mean that he is vulnerable to attacks, and then
> his machine harbors possibly malicious code w/o his knowledge,
> then you are blaming the victim.

No, actually I meant he did something, and then we all had to deal with
it.  In this case, just a plethora of mails to the list.

On the other hand, if a user deliberately turns off their protective
software, and gets infected, then it is right to blame them.  Just the
same as I'd blame a car owner who finds the brakes a hindrance to them,
or adhering to the road rules.

When you have software that stops you doing something, you should, if
not must, think about why, before you carry on regardless.

Some people think they're an unfairly victimised Typhoid Mary.  Others
know that they're a need-to-be-constrained Typhoid Mary.

Now you know what "TM" really stands for, when it's typed next to a
Microsoft product name.  ;-)

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686