Asterisk kernel modules?

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 22:18:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

> The reason is that the Fedora kernel team doesn't want to support out of
> mainline, kernel mods. And Digium doesn't want dahdi in mainline. I believe
> their reasoning here is they want to keep control of a dual licensed code
> base so they can sell non-GPL version to businesses that don't want to use
> GPL'd code.

Good info, thanks. Paid a couple hundred dollars for this card. Just
wish I didn't have to rely on someone other than myself, my operating
system vendor, or my hardware vendor to keep the card working.

> ATRPMS also do dahdi kmods, but you can't rebuild the rpms on a stock Fedora
> system. It's probably not that hard to do, but I never found clear
> documentation on what was needed.

Yeah, also tried that and found similar results -- virtually no
documentation and some magic to get it to compile.

It's now working with the precompiled ATRPMS, but it screws up other
dependencies.

Thanks again,
Alex