[Fedora] Re: FC14 Installation Hangs

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Jan 22 22:35:49 UTC 2011

> Ok try this
>
> Remove the 'quiet' add
>
> irqpoll initcall_debug
>
> The first one tries to catch and deal with hangs due to IRQ routing bugs
in the
> BIOS etc, the second will print a trace of each function called during
> initialisation. It's not exciting to most people but as part of a Fedora
bug
> report it will let the Fedora kernel maintainers see which initialiser
hung the
> machine.
>
> Alan

	I'll try this on Monday when I'm back in the office.  In the
meantime, is there a way to capture this so I don't have to try and type it
all out?  While the machine has serial ports, they're all disabled in BIOS
and I don't know how else I can capture all the stuff that gets spewed out,
other than to take a physical picture of the screen when it hangs again.