SELinux

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 23 03:12:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 23:10 +0200, Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> Well Adobe Reader was the one i got . If u know another one
> i would be happy to give it a shot . Am not addicted to Adobe Reader
> or anything . So i would be gratefull and willing to try another
> program

I'm surprised you had to install it, or anything to read a PDF file.  As
far as I was aware, a PDF file reader gets installed by default.  So any
attempts to read a PDF file would open that, automatically.  For most
things, it's fine.  Sometimes you'll come across some difficult PDF file
that needs some other reader to handle it.

It's not hard to find PDF readers.  All you have to do is a yum search
using pdf as the keyword, either a command line or GUI yum tool, and it
lists things related to PDF files.  Some of which will be readers.  All
you have to do is read the descriptions, and use your judgement.

With Gnome, Evince seems to get installed by default.  I suspect KDE has
another default.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686