Boost Library Parallel Installation

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 17:49:11 UTC 2011

On 01/23/2011 12:25 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 01/23/2011 10:56 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
>> Is it possible to install boost-1.37.0-6.fc11.i586 along side
>> boost-1.41.0-11.fc13.i686 on F13 without hosing up the entire system?
>> I've got a thorny dependency problem that sym-links doesn't fix.
>> Maybe I could install it to a different base directory?
> It is possible but non-trivial.
>
> Rahul
I remember,  back in the day, when I used to have to install libraries
from earlier releases to support Word Perfect 8.  That was before Red
Hat started up Fedora and Open Office, soon to be Libre Office, which
was then still Star Office was really ready for prime time.  As I recall
the process wasn't that hard.  I suppose that the boost libraries must
be more deeply entwined.

Mark LaPierre