native texlive and yum

Walter Cazzola cazzola at dico.unimi.it
Mon Jan 24 12:55:24 UTC 2011

Dear Fedora Experts,
bored of the several problems of the texlive 2010 distribution for
fedora (see my previous message about the missed hyphenation and the
1-month old broken dependency on the latex binary) I have decides to
remove it and reinstall it through tlmgr.

That has been a great idea except for a couple of issues on some
*nonrelated" packages. To remove texlive yum forced the remotion of a2ps
and R-core (and few other but these are the most important for me) and I
can't reinstall them without reinstalling texlive (at least in part).

Now I've already installed texlive but not through yum and I'm wondering
why the rpm for these packages not really related to LaTeX and in
any case working also without LaTeX can't check for the bins instead of
the whole package.

Is there a way for forcing their installation without installing
texlive?

Thanks all for the help

Walter

--
Walter Cazzola, PhD - Associate Professor, DICo, University of Milano
E-mail: cazzola at dico.unimi.it  Ph.: +39 02 503 16300  Fax: +39 02 503 16253