[Fedora] Re: native texlive and yum

Walter Cazzola cazzola at dico.unimi.it
Tue Jan 25 10:46:28 UTC 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011, Mohamed El Morabity wrote:

> Le lundi 24 janvier 2011 à 13:55 +0100, Walter Cazzola a écrit :

> a solution could be to build an empty RPM that will simply contain a
> "Provides: texlive > 2007" or something like this to fool Fedora
> packages requiring a LaTeX distribution.

Your idea looks interesting but doesn't work. I've just installed (as
yum localinstall) the rpm generated by the attached rpm and when I try
to install a2ps I get:

  Dependencies Resolved

  =====================================
   Package
  =====================================
  Installing:
   a2ps
  Installing for dependencies:
   html2ps
   kpathsea
   tex-preview
   texinfo-tex
   texlive
   texlive-dvips
   texlive-latex
   texlive-texmf
   texlive-texmf-dvips
   texlive-texmf-errata
   texlive-texmf-errata-dvips
   texlive-texmf-errata-fonts
   texlive-texmf-errata-latex
   texlive-texmf-fonts
   texlive-texmf-latex
   texlive-utils

  Transaction Summary
  =====================================
  Install      17 Package(s)

  Total download size: 61 M
  Installed size: 159 M
  Is this ok [y/N]: n

That is not what I desire.

The fake rpm is correctly installed:

   >yum list installed|grep texlive
   texlive2010-fake.noarch            1.0-1.fc13 @/texlive2010-fake-1.0-1.fc13.noarch

Any other suggestion?

Walter

--
Walter Cazzola, PhD - Associate Professor, DICo, University of Milano
E-mail: cazzola at dico.unimi.it  Ph.: +39 02 503 16300  Fax: +39 02 503 16253