[Fedora] Re: [Fedora] Re: native texlive and yum

Walter Cazzola cazzola at dico.unimi.it
Tue Jan 25 15:25:38 UTC 2011

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, François Patte wrote:

> Get the rpm package of a2ps and install it with

> rpm -ivh a2ps.xxx.rpm --nodeps

> And see if a2ps works.

uhm, this is a solution but I don't like it for 2 reasons:

  - in this way I lose the automatic update that yum grants me
  - a2ps is just one of the packages affected by this problem to cite a
    few: R-core, html2ps, texinfo-tex, pidgin-latex ...

So I'd prefer to find a way to fool yum instead

> BTW why do you want a2ps it is quite obsolete now for it is unable to
> handle utf-8 encodage.

I'm a long time user of a2ps and I've several scripts that uses it and
it is too much work to port them towards a new tool (which one?)
especially considering that they was still working with texlive non
native installed.

Walter

--
Walter Cazzola, PhD - Associate Professor, DICo, University of Milano
E-mail: cazzola at dico.unimi.it  Ph.: +39 02 503 16300  Fax: +39 02 503 16253