Desktop effects disable problem

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Tue Jan 25 16:53:10 UTC 2011

>> Guys I need help
>>
>> By mistake I activate the desktop effects and now all I can see is a
>> blank screen and the mouse, I reboot and nothing I get back to the
>> blank screen.

If you are talking about compiz, try rebooting, and at the login prompt
hit Ctrl+F2 to bring up a text login. Login as root, and do:

yum remove compiz-gnome

or

yum remove compiz-kde

as appropriate. Then logout as root, and hit Ctrl+F1 (or is it Ctrl+F7?)
to return to the graphical login, and login as your normal user.

I've had to do this on occasion (with compiz-gnome).

- Mike