Desktop effects disable problem

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Tue Jan 25 17:51:46 UTC 2011

On 01/25/2011 12:44 PM, Daniel J. Celta wrote:

> Running the "yum remove compiz-gnome" did the trick...... :)
>
> Now, is this a permanent solution???

I think that you've proven that compiz doesn't work on your system, so
just leave it removed and you'll be fine.

You can re-install it later if you feel like experimenting. But F15 is
going to be totally different anyway (with gnome-shell providing a
radical new default desktop), so I wouldn't worry about it.

> Also, I lost some of the settings, is this expected behavior???

Need more clues...

Naturally, after removing compiz-gnome, compiz will no longer be shown
as a choice in the desktop-effects dialog. Is that what you mean?

- Mike