Desktop effects disable problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 26 03:31:38 UTC 2011

On this list we do not top-post.

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 12:22 -0600, Daniel J. Celta wrote:
> When I reinstall compiz-gnome, the windows are released from being
> anchored to that corner and I can see the windows properly.
> But If I reboot the computer reverts back to a blank screen...... Is
> there a way to revert back, and/or removing the setting
> "desktop-effects", back to the default.....????

The obvious approach, to me, considering what you've just described,
would have been to configure compiz after you re-installed it, before
you reboot again.

In your case, I'd be tempted to configure it, then disable it.  So it's
there, but not in use.  Then you can try playing with options.

NB:  It's rarely ever necessary to reboot on Linux.  Usually, it's
enough to just log out and back in again, to have personal settings
re-read.

And, as I outlined above your message.  We do not top post on this list
(top posting being replying above the quoted prior email).  See the
guidelines (link below).  You'll find it annoys a great number of
people, many of whom will simply delete your message, instead of helping
you.  You do yourself no favours by top posting.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.