[Fedora] Re: FC14 Installation Hangs

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:51:26 UTC 2011

Maurizio Marini <maumar <at> datalogica.com> writes:

> I would  delay the stream of lines before
> waiting for hardware to initialize
>
> or better it would be to avoiud the clear screen, can fedora ppl avoid this
> clear screen?

I do not know if this kernel parameter may help you in your extended-debugging
situation (further slowdown of a booting process ...):

       boot_delay=     Milliseconds to delay each printk during boot.
                        Values larger than 10 seconds (10000) are changed to
                        no delay (0).
                        Format: integer

e.g. boot_delay=1000

It may need to be adjusted by trial and error.

JB