how to disable gpgcheck on command line with yum install?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 27 11:46:46 UTC 2011

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> the Fedora 15 version has a change that doesn't check for gpg
>>> signatures for local packages by default

Tim:
>> That doesn't sound very wise.

Rahul Sundaram:
> It is configurable.

It still doesn't sound very wise.  Good that it's an option, but bad as
a default.  Perhaps we should change all the security options to
off-by-default?

This isn't Windows.

One of the better things about Linux is how things are installed.  You
can check the RPM before installation, to see what it contains and where
it will put it.  Packages are signed, as part of the fight against
tampering and forgeries, and this signing is checked.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.