Wireless Adapter Issues

Matthew Tuori tuorim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 16:54:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 4720z. It has an Atheros Communications Inc. AR5001
Wireless Network Adapter. When I first installed F14 the wireless was
working fine. About a week later it stopped working. Even when it says that
wireless is enabled, it does not see any wireless networks. If I use the
soft button on my keyboard to swap the network lock, the hard lock will
change to disabled, and nothing is able to change it back. I have tried
reinstalling Fedora, searched online for similar experiences and tried using
rfkill, yet nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Matt