Printer marker levels -

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 16:46:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 11:04 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>     This seems to have begun recently, perhaps with the installation of
>     F-14, I'm not certain? If I knew what it means I might be able to
>     fix something, alternatively how to eliminate it if I can't satisfy
>     whatever it's objecting to.

Would be grateful if you could run this short command from the command
line (just paste it in):

python <<"EOF"
import cups
c=cups.Connection()
print [x['printer-state-reasons'] for x in c.getPrinters().values()]
EOF

There seems to be a semi-colon in that message, and there shouldn't be.
I'd like to see where it's coming from.

How is this printer connected?

Thanks.
Tim.