Printer marker levels -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Jan 28 17:06:27 UTC 2011

On 28/01/11 11:46, Tim Waugh wrote:

    python<<"EOF"
    import cups
    c=cups.Connection()
    print [x['printer-state-reasons'] for x in c.getPrinters().values()]
    EOF

    I could not copy/paste that notice and had to manually copy it from
    system-config-printer, but I assure you the semicolon is there! I do
    not know if it appears in the error message on screen. I just
    printed two pages and there was no error message?

    The above command produces:

        [bobg at box9 ~]$ python <<"EOF"
         > import cups
         > c=cups.Connection()
         > print [x['printer-state-reasons'] for x in
        c.getPrinters().values()]
         > EOF
        [[u'none'], [u';marker-supply-low-warning'], [u'none']]

    This is one of several printers on my wireless lan. It should not be
    low on toner although I am not certain that it isn't indicating so
    prematurely. I usually fill my own cartridges but this happens to be
    one I bought new several months ago. This particular printer has
    only a USB input and uses an D-Link interface to Ethernet connected
    to a gigabit switch.

    Thanks to all.

    Bob