OpenOffice Writer

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 15:04:21 UTC 2011

Kostas Sfakiotakis <kostassf <at> cha.forthnet.gr> writes:

> On 30/01/2011 12:37 μμ, JB wrote:
>
> # yum distro-sync

It has done what is supposed to do and the result is a good sign.

Let me go back, as promised, to this problem.
> In any way i try to run it . For  example if i download a document
> through firefox and then ask it to open the file then Writer will crash
> .

Can you experience this now ?

Try in Firefox to download a doc formatted document, e.g. from this site:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/e/3/4e3eace0-4c6d-4123-9d0c-c80436181742/oslicqa.doc

When I do this is displays a dialog window like this:
What should Firefox do with this file ?
<radio control> Open with <selection control>
In this <selection control> select OpenOffice.org Writer (default)
and click OK.

You should see document being downloaded and OO Writer being called to display
the document.

Does it work ?

JB