OpenOffice Writer

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Sun Jan 30 15:13:33 UTC 2011

On 30/01/2011 05:04 μμ, JB wrote:
>  Kostas Sfakiotakis <kostassf <at> cha.forthnet.gr> writes:

>  Let me go back, as promised, to this problem.
> > In any way i try to run it . For example if i download a document
> > through firefox and then ask it to open the file then Writer will
> > crash .
>
>  Can you experience this now
>
>  Try in Firefox to download a doc formatted document, e.g. from this
>  site:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/e/3/4e3eace0-4c6d-4123-9d0c-c80436181742/oslicqa.doc

First things first . No crashes by any means either the launcher we placed
earlier or from the menus or from the download .

When I do this is displays a dialog window like this:
>  ... What should Firefox do with this file ? <radio control> Open
>  with <selection control> In this <selection control> select
>  OpenOffice.org Writer (default) and click OK.

Same here .

>  You should see document being downloaded and OO Writer being called
>  to display the document.
>
>  Does it work ?

All the way , nice and smoothly as it was designed to do .
The sidenote here would be that it asks me whether i want to keep the
same format or
change it to the odt format but that´s not what u were asking .