Dual wireless access points and connection from f14?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Jan 31 01:18:35 UTC 2011

On 01/31/2011 05:15 AM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 01/30/2011 03:42 PM, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
>> My advice to the OP would be to get a better AP with a more powerful
>> radio.  Typical consumer junk is 15mW.  Without looking too hard one can
>> get a good 100mW - 300mW init for not much more.  (Google: Ubiquiti)
>>
>> -wolfgang
>
>   With respect - please if you really dont know or understand something,
> do not post speculation without caveating it speculative opinion - some
> reading this may be misled.
>
>   Your post is speculative and not correct.

I am not sure what aspect of the previous post you find speculation or
in need of a caveat, but....

My Dad lives in 2 story home + basement and is a MS only user (don't
attempt to argue this point).  For historical (hysterical?) reasons the
Internet connection is on the 2nd floor.  He had a wireless AP and
connectivity on the ground floor was fine....reception in the basement
was weak and subject to frequent disconnects.

We replaced his wireless AP with product (after trying and returning
other products) from Ubiquiti and he is now a happy camper.  He even has
connectivity his detached garage.

OK, maybe the caveat would be YMMV but in my Dad's case it would have
resulted in sound advice.

--
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether II win
or lose. -- Darrin Weinberg 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段