F15 fails to suspend/hibernate on Thinkpad W510+

Christopher Svanefalk christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 11:59:57 UTC 2011

On 06/24/2011 03:25 PM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> Whenever I try to put my laptop into either suspend or hibernate mode
> (i.e., close the lid when not plugged in) the laptop _seems_ to be
> trying to go to sleep but never quite gets there. The battery light
> stays on, the sleep light (crescent moon) light blinks, but there's no
> disk activity and the power light stays on.
>
> And nothing short of holding the power button down and forcing a power
> off works for bringing the laptop back out of htis state.
>
> Any ideas on what I should or could do to get suspend to work again?
> It's a PITA to have to hard shutdown the laptop when I accidentally shut
> the lid.

I have had the same problem since F12 (I am running F14 now). I ran
through some debuggin tests, and it seems to be a problem with an
unspecified driver on my end...I did try F15 for a while though, and
never had the problem there. Maybe if you try to install a custom kernel
things would change?

Chris