Fedora Security and the Uverse 3800HGV-B router

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 03:45:53 UTC 2011

I am writing this message with the hope that someone on this
list has this uverse router.'
When I use Firefox to browse to this router (192.168.1.254),
it displays the "Home" machines connected to the network.
For each machine it displays:
a tv icon,  it's name, and a link named "Access FIles"
and another link named "Device Details".

If I click on any machine's "Acess FIles" link, it
displays my Fedora's  /  directory completely.

I have no ftp daemon running.
I have no apache running.
In fact I do not have ANY internet server running.

So how in blazes is the router able to display my
entire system's files?

If I aim my browser at my own IP address,
I get
Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.201.

So how is the router doing it?
This is a very disconcerting security hole and I have not been
able to nail it down to any daemon running on my Fedora.

Thanks for your insights.

JD