DAMNED Re: Fedora Security and the Uverse 3800HGV-B router

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jul 2 20:18:26 UTC 2011

Am 02.07.2011 16:50, schrieb JD:
> On 07/02/2011 01:32 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> Am 02.07.2011 06:14, schrieb JD:
>>
>>> When will the linux community wake up and shout out loud:
>>> Kill JavaScript from all browsers and all network servers
>>> and network clients
>> never because the community is not dumb
>> why do we not forbid knifes since people are killed with them?
> Not the same issue

sure, because knifes can hurt people

LOCAL file browsing can not or will you forbid any fileupload per webform
because you also not understand why it is not a sceurity problem that
you can browse local files here?

> Most people are not even aware that their personal
> files are being uploaded

their will be nothing uploaded and you should stop to cry
things like "When will the linux community wake up" until
you have ANY BASICAL knowledge about what you are speaking

> If a javascript can browse all accessible files, what's there
> to prevent someone from writing a javascript to spawn
> a process to upload your files?

damend you can not spawn a process with javascript and
you CAN NOT silently upload files with JS, so please
get some basics or shut up instead making some noobs crazy
which maybe believe your stuff

> A simpler example, how do you think a javascript can
> tell that you have been to some particular site?
> It uploads your cookies.

it can not access cookies from foreign domains damned
learn basics or shut up!

> I would have hoped that the FOSS communities would have
> raised a big public fuss (pun unintentional) over websites
> sending javascripts at peoples' computers and compromising
> their files

the problem is that the FOSS community has basic knowledges
and you have not - so you make other people which have
also now technical knowledge crazy with your braindead rant