Fedora Security and the Uverse 3800HGV-B router

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jul 3 00:34:38 UTC 2011

On 07/03/2011 07:45 AM, JD wrote:
> Why do you resort to name calling?
> It is not hysterics.
> A javascript sent by we site can, if written
> to do so, open your files and upload them to
> some remote site; and you call this hysterics?
> Something is wrong with your thinking to resort
> to name calling.
> I think user's awareness, that javascripts are indeed
> invasive and a great threat to privacy, needs to be
> raised. Most users are unaware of this threat.

Let's put it a different way then.....

Turn off javascript in your Browser for a day and see how your Internet
experience is affected.  Then consider for a moment your statement that
"javascripts are indeed invasive and a great threat to privacy, needs to
be raised. Most users are unaware of this threat" in relationship to how
long javascript has been in use and how widely it is used as well as
your current level of familiarity with javascript.

If  javascript is as great a threat as you seem to think, then wouldn't
you think there would be a concerted effort to fix the problem?  Don't
you think that by now people with much more experience would be raising
the alarms?

FWIW, I've found that one of the biggest mistakes I've made in the past
is to come to conclusions based on observations when I was ignorant of
the underlying theory/principles/subject.

If you are interested in learning more, maybe you should start by
picking up a copy of  http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596000486

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow