Fedora Security and the Uverse 3800HGV-B router

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 00:39:39 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 7:45 PM, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> A javascript sent by we site can, if written
> to do so, open your files and upload them to
> some remote site; and you call this hysterics?
> Something is wrong with your thinking to resort
> to name calling.
> I think user's awareness, that javascripts are indeed
> invasive and a great threat to privacy, needs to be
> raised. Most users are unaware of this threat.

Have googled to see whether it's possible to use javascript as you
claim it's being used?!

As has been suggested previously, the link on your router's linking to
display your local files through "file:///..." and there's nothing
nefarious or magical about that. Nothing's being uploaded, downloaded,
modified, deleted, etc; you're just browsing your local filesystem
through Firefox/Chromium/Epiphany/Konqueror/...