Fedora Security and the Uverse 3800HGV-B router

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jul 3 02:34:37 UTC 2011

On 07/03/2011 09:48 AM, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> JD writes:
>
>> I sent a reply to Ed. Read that one.
>
> I've read what you wrote. Now, why don't you just solve your problem
> turn off Javascript in Firefox, and move on with your life.

I still wonder how he has convinced himself that somehow he has managed
to uncover some great evil by accident when accessing his router.  And
everybody else in their entire world has either been turning a blind eye
or are somehow dismissing it since they may money off of writing
javascript and if the truth were known they would be out of jobs.

If javascript is as evil as he seems to be finding...then he needs to do
much more than turning it off in Firefox.  There are many applications
and such with embed javascript.  So, you could be running bits and
pieces of javascript.  I may be mistaken, doing this from hazy memory, I
think even Thunderbird uses javascript.  Indeed if you check
/usr/lib/thunderbird-3.1 you'd find it comes with its own copy of
libmozjs.so.  Who knows what it could be doing with that?  :-) :-)

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow