DAMNED Re: Fedora Security and the Uverse 3800HGV-B router

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jul 3 04:21:27 UTC 2011

On 07/03/2011 11:59 AM, JD wrote:
> Taking this offline -
> with noscript, all are blocked by default - no whitelist.
> I temporarily unblock specific sites that I do business with.

OK.

But just a request, from me at least.  Could you make a note somewhere
for yourself that you've disabled javascript on your browser and
thunderbird?  Then, if you have problems with either of those in the
future could you make sure you enable it to test?

There have been many cases on this list were folks have made a
configuration change of one sort or another and then forgot they did
it.  I've seen people spend quite a bit of time trying to help them
debug only to find out later the root cause was a forgotten change and
an unintended consequence.

Thanks....

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow