rc.local question/problem

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Jul 3 05:06:39 UTC 2011

On 07/02/2011 09:45 PM, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> That should be the case. (Of course, SELinux can break anything - if you
> run out of ideas you could turn it off to see if the behaviour changes.)

I've had experience with SELinux issues.  There's something about the
Einstein at home work units that keeps triggering them.  Each time it
happens, I get an alert.  And, there was a time that SELinux kept
getting triggered because of sloppy programming in GoogleEarth.  In
every case, I've gotten an alert and, if there was a way to correct it,
instructions.  I'm not sure how that works during startup, but there
should be a log you can check.  If there's nothing in the log, SELinux
isn't an issue.