Gnome Q: Application window save-data for restore when reopened?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun Jul 3 19:34:00 UTC 2011

On 07/03/2011 12:04 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I am sorry if this question was asked before,
> but I was wondering why is it, that most app-
> lication's main window do not restore it's
> last save-data the next time it is opened?
> What I am talking about is window position
> and size data, but not limited to these only.

That's strictly up to whoever wrote the app.  If the devs decide to
save/restore position it will, if they don't, neither will it.  From
what I can tell, it's gotten to be fairly standard for Gatesware apps to
do this, but not, as yet, for Linux.  I've no idea why not, as it seems
to be a fairly obvious thing to do.