rc.local question/problem (partly solved w/ setenforce=0)

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Sun Jul 3 22:02:18 UTC 2011

On 7/3/2011 2:54 PM, Paul Morgan wrote:

> On Jul 3, 2011 5:38 PM, "Paul Allen Newell" <pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
> <mailto:pnewell at cs.cmu.edu>> wrote:
>
> it really is bad form to run a script out of root's home directory.
> Perhaps put it in /usr/sbin , restorecon, and leave selinux enforcing
> the whole time.
>
> -paul

Yeah, a reflection on such makes sense. I'll have to see if I still need
setenforce=0 as I think the issue is rc.local executing the script and
not where the script is (and I have no basis for that statement except
for running the script as root directly works).

Lots more debugging and reading on my end to see whether this selinux
issue is really it

Thanks for the advice on "good form"
Paul