tftp from home dir running under xinetd

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Mon Jul 4 05:20:39 UTC 2011

I can manually run a tftp server that allows access to files in a
directory under ~ with no problem. But when I try to run the server
under xinetd using the /etc/xinetd.d/tftp configuration file a
"permission denied" error shows up in /var/log/message with no
indication it is selinux related. But if I make selinux permissive for
tftpd it then works.

Is there a quick way to configure selinux to allow this type of tftp
access (just read-only) w/o resorting to a "permissive" setting?

Thanks,
-gene