Laptop processor.

Christopher Svanefalk christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 05:52:13 UTC 2011

On 07/03/2011 07:50 PM, Javier Perez wrote:
> USD $1,400s . You could practically purchase anything.
>
> On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Johan Scheepers
> <johansche at telkomsa.net <mailto:johansche at telkomsa.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 03/07/2011 14:58, Christopher Svanefalk wrote:
>     > On 07/03/2011 02:49 PM, Johan Scheepers wrote:
>     >> Good day,
>     >>
>     >> Looking to buy a new laptop. This does not happen often. 2
>     laptops in 10
>     >> yrs.
>     >>
>     >> Say processor speed about 2 gig. There is a lot of variations.
>     >>
>     >> Version i3  or  i5  or  i7.
>     >>
>     >> Now there is  AMD  and  Intel.
>     >>
>     >> Would like to buy the best for my budget.
>     >>
>     >> Kindly some pointers please.
>     >>
>     >> Thanks
>     >> Johan S
>     >>
>     >>
>     > Also, what are you looking to use it for? Do you need anything
>     specific
>     > or just a general-purpose machine?
>     Home use no games
>     --
>

> --
> ------------------------------
>  /\_/\
>  |O O|  pepebuho at gmail.com <mailto:pepebuho at gmail.com>
>  ~~~~     Javier Perez
>  ~~~~          While the night runs
>  ~~~~          toward the day...
>   m m       Pepebuho watches
>                 from his high perch.

Since you are looking for a general purpose machine, and have a pretty
good budget, I would recommend you take a close look at HPs ProBook
series. This is what I am using, and I am very pleased with both the
performance and the ergonomics of the machine itself (very comfortable
keyboard to work with).