F15: two keys from keyboard not recognized on Acer TM6465 laptop

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 4 07:31:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

On my Acer TravelMate 6465WLMi laptop I have F15 x86_64 installed and
updated. On the laptop there are two keys that don't do anything: one
with the $ sign and another with the Euro sign (note: these are not the
"4" key which has the "$" above the "4" or the "5"" key which has the
Euro sign at the right of the "5" key). xev does not show anything when
either key is pressed. At the time of F11 or F12 I could fix this by
getting the keycode from xev and using setkeycode. But since xev does
not register a keypress when either key is pressed this is not possible.
Does anyone have an idea how I can make these keys work?

Thanks!
Patrick