Installing F15 without any active network?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:40:40 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Claude Jones
<cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com> wrote:
> On Monday, July 04, 2011, mike cloaked wrote:
>
>> Ahh!  It was from a physical DVD - with the DVD install iso -
>
>> nothing fancy - just a straightforward install as I have been
>
>> doing since FC1 days - this is the first time I have come
>
>> across any problem doing a standalone clean install from a DVD
>
>> disk - it looks like it may be trying to activate updates when
>
>> I was only after a basic install from the DVD (reason is that
>
>> I was trying to install ahead of the network people amending
>
>> the local LAN database to include the NIC MAC in the next few
>
>> days - so until that is done there will be no network access
>
>> or IP address assigned from DHCP - but getting the install
>
>> done should have been a time saver in the meantime)
>
> One thing that you may have done is to specify additional repos? That's a
> question that comes up fairly early in the installation as I recall. If you
> do so, it will seek to connect to the network and establish a connection to
> the additional repos you specified...

Nope - no additional repos defined.....

Can anyone else tell me if they have been able to install f15 on a
machine with no network connection - i.e. pull out the ethernet plug
and have no wireless and tell me if you can install f15 from a DVD....

--
mike c