GRUB problem

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 15:02:59 UTC 2011

--- On Mon, 7/4/11, Bruno Martins - GALILEU LISBOA <bmartins at galileu.pt> wrote:

From: Bruno Martins - GALILEU LISBOA <bmartins at galileu.pt>
Subject: GRUB problem
To: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
Date: Monday, July 4, 2011, 4:22 AM

Hello everyone,

I’m having problems with booting Fedora 14 X64 after I clone the hard disk with Clonezilla.

Disk imaging goes nices until it reaches the end, when it tries to reinstall GRUB on the target hard disk. It hangs, but I can boot that disk one time. Once the machine is restarted, I lose the boot loader.

Tried to repair it through Fedora Live CD following this guide - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=845741 -, but it hangs on “GRUB Loading, please wait…”.

Any ideas on why is this happening?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Bruno Martins
Assistente Técnico / Technical Assistant
GALILEU Lisboa
bmartins at galileu.pt
(+351) 213612222
(+351) 933612205

///

This is a bug with clonezilla since it uses grub 2 from debian testing:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.clonezilla.live/1047

to remedy the problem you may use older version(s) of clonezilla or use alternative cd.

Regards,

Antonio

Formação / Training
Açores | Algarve | Aveiro | Beja | Braga | Leiria | Lisboa | Porto

Educação / Education
Escola Profissional Ruiz Costa

Consulting
GALILEU Consulting

 www.galileu.pt  www.galileu.pt  www.galileu.pt  www.galileu.pt  www.galileu.pt  www.galileu.pt  www.galileu.pt

GALILEU Lisboa

Alcântara Rio
Rua Fradesso da Silveira, 6 - Bloco C - 1º A/B      1300-609 LISBOA - Portugal
Tel: +351 21 3612200   Fax: +351 21 3612238

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----